We leave your key in the door for you on your arrival and ask that you leave it in the door when you have finished your stay with us. It is your responsibility to safeguard the key, and there is a fee if it is lost.
Instruction Manuals for air-con, coffee maker, heater, Zen Chi Aerobic Massager, and any other amenities are all stored in your suite’s Service Bar.
We provide a small tour of the Retreat upon your arrival, to ensure you are familiar with all that is offered.
Exterior Retreat lighting on the walkways is turned on for your convenience at dusk, and switched off at 9pm.
A Compendium is in your suite, loaded with brochures and information on other attractions in the district. It is fine for you to remove and keep any of these brochures for your own use.
The central kitchen is left unlocked and available for your use at all times. Please be sure to respect all equipment, as breakages and damage must be paid for. The commercial Espresso machine is provided if you order coffees, but not available for guest use. Likewise, the cold-press juicers are for staff use only, but please order drinks if desired — the menus for coffee, teas, juices and smoothies are on the kitchen walls. The fridge, microwave, small bench-top oven, sink, crockery, cutlery and other sundry facilities are made available for guest use. Be aware that the fridge is used for others as well, so please do not touch any foods that are not your own. Feel free to sit at the dining tables in the central kitchen or lounge area should you wish.
The toilets are eco-friendly composting toilets, and need to be treated with a little more respect than a sewerage system. Please be sure to not put any objects down the toilet — a small bin is provided for feminine use. Avoid using too much toilet paper at once. The flush is similar to an aeroplane — being a vacuum, it does create a noise. Only flush once. If necessary to flush a second time, as with all toilets, there is a wait whilst the water replenishes.
Take care with the fireplaces provided, and never overload or leave unattended. The upper lid of the Chimenea must be left off whilst the fire is alight. Care also needs to be taken with the gas BBQ.
It is fine to take walks around the property, but please understand that we must outline strict guidelines to ensure the safety of all.
If you would like to go for a Nature Walk around the property, then this is a very pleasurable activity. You will take in some of the best views around, especially if you manage to reach the top of the back hill, from which the views are majestic! You will see a mix of wildlife and farm animals on your walk.
Safety is of the utmost importance to us and we take great care and attention to detail to ensure that we provide safe areas in which visitors can engage themselves in any activities. Every visitor to our property is required to complete a waiver & release form as a requirement of our insurance company.
- Farms can be dangerous. It is essential that ALL visitors remain within the set paths and do not wander off to view other areas of the farm.
Visitors must be particularly aware that snakes are an intrinsic part of the Australian bush, and as such, you may encounter snakes during your visit. We ask that you pay careful attention to where you step whenever you are outside. Snakes are very unlikely to approach you because they are shy. For that reason, it is imperative that you do not wander around in bushy, uncleared areas — the paths have been kept clear to enhance your safety.
- Climbing in or on farm machinery and trees/logs is not permitted. If you see something you would like to know more about, please ask us at reception; do not wander off to take a closer look yourself.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn at all times whilst walking outside.
- Wearing a hat is essential outside — the Queensland sun is harsh!
- All rubbish must be placed in the bins provided. Animals and birds are inquisitive and can easily choke on rubbish left on the ground.
- Please be quiet and sensible when going near any of the animals. Loud noises and sudden movements can often frighten animals.
- A first-aid kit is available in the central kitchen for use should the need arise.
- We do not sell raw milk or raw milk products, nor are raw milk samples given at any stage. Thank you for your understanding.
- We reserve the right to ask visitors to leave should there be a situation where we believe the safety of visitors, our family, employees or our animals is compromised.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Check-In / Check-Out Times
Check-in: from 2pm / Check-out: until 12pm
*Flexible check-in/check-out times. Variances can be agreed upon, but only by prior arrangement.
- How can I reach someone for reception?
An intercom is available from within your suite — dial 201, then press the green button for reception service, between 9am-10pm.
- Is there internet available in the rooms?
Complimentary internet access is provided to all rooms, accessible 24 hours a day. Wi-Fi can be a bit patchy from some areas, but, if so, it is usually a strong signal in the lounge.
- Is there mobile phone reception?
There is decent mobile (cell) reception at Club Verdigris, with the best coverage for those with 4GX phones.
- What should I bring?
We recommend you include suitable enclosed footwear and a hat if planning to do any walking. Please leave all shoes outside to keep floors clean.
Club Verdigris does not accept pets.
Club Verdigris is strictly non-smoking.
Children cannot be accommodated at Club Verdigris.